Sunday, March 24, 2013

Editing for Editors


So, I am teaching a Professional Editing class this semester, and this is the second time during the semester that I have come across professional editing boo-boos.  The first was my name badge at a conference I attended in Georgia that misspelled the name of my university ("Gerogia Southern University").  The picture here is from a table tent at the Editor's Round Table at the Research Network Forum at the 2013 CCCC in Las Vegas.  I couldn't resist including this picture for my students in my online editing course!

The Rhetoric and Composition Journal Editors Group is an ad hoc group representing (mostly) non-profit editors and publishers in the field.  Several years ago we banded together to host a table/booth in the exhibit hall at CCCC where various journals and publishers could share calls for proposals, subscription information, and other information as a public service to the discipline.  If you are an editor or member of an editorial board for a journal and would like information about joining us, see instructions for subscribing at http://pwr.gmu.edu/journals-l.


No comments:

Post a Comment